Return to School Fall 2020
We will be adding information to this page as details become finalized.
WANIC students at Lake Washington Inst. of Technology (LWTech) and DigiPen Inst. of Technology will be starting the 2020-21 school year in a fully remote setting
- First day of school is Tuesday Sep 1, 2020
- Synchronous/live instruction will be balanced throughout the week
- Daily attendance will be required
- Typical grading will be used (students earn A, B, C, D, or F letter grade)
- We plan to schedule in-person classes/hands-on labs as soon as schools reopen
Students were approved for specific class times by their sending high school. WANIC schedules have remained consistent. Our students come to WANIC from more than eight school districts. We understand that many sending school schedules have been adjusted for remote learning and that students may have schedule conflicts on certain days. The expectation is the sending school and WANIC will split the schedule conflict difference evenly to allow your students to get the most out of each class without sacrificing one over the other.
Student sign off for Handbook (Use your LWSD email credentials)
FIRST DAY OF CLASS INFORMATION FOR STUDENT IN DENTAL CAREERS, HEALTH SCIENCE CAREERS (LW TECH) AND MEDICAL CAREERS
Please use this link for help with accessing Microsoft Classroom Teams
Critical contents of this resource:
· Refers families to school schedules for determining the time of first scheduled meeting
· Includes basics for opening Teams (desktop icon OR online)
· Includes basics for joining a Teams meeting through the Calendar
· Video guide provides more detail and information on assignments, parent communication, and troubleshooting
· Links to district Technology Support and Classroom Teams Support webpages which will provide additional documents and videos in multiple language translations
Barrier Reduction Application If you qualify for Free/Reduced lunch at your home high school, please download the Barrier Reduction Application, complete Step 1 and Step 2, and send it to the WANIC office.