HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS FOR SEVERAL FULL YEAR 2020-21 PROGRAMS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED.
For funding and reporting purposes, students must be registered in a public school in the Bellevue, Everett, Issaquah, Lake Washington, Mercer Island, Northshore, Riverview, Snoqualmie Valley school districts. Private and homeschoolers, please register with your local high school and inform them you are doing so to participate in WANIC.
How to apply for a FULL YEAR WANIC course:
1. Find out details about the full year course you are interested in (course descriptions can be found here) and the times and locations for it. Most classes are designed for 11th and 12th grade students. Please note courses, descriptions, locations and times are subject to change. If you attend private school or home school, you must register with your local high school before you apply (Inform them during registration that you are applying to WANIC).
2. If you wish to apply for a Skill Center class that is located in a high school in your home school district, please consult with your counselor for your district's application procedure; you do not apply through WANIC.
If you are looking to apply to Summer Semester, please visit this page
3. If required, the student must attend a Site Visit/Information Session.
--All first year DigiPen applicants must attend one of the DigiPen Information Sessions. RSVP: Click Here. THESE ARE BEING CONDUCTED THROUGH ZOOM. Contact email email@example.com.
--If you are applying for Auto Tech at Bothell High School in the Northshore School District, contact the instructor to complete a Site Visit before May 15. Mr. Patrick McCue firstname.lastname@example.org
--If you are applying to the Sports Medicine program at Issaquah High School, you must contact the instructor to arrange to complete a Site Visit before May 15. Mr. Todd Parsons email@example.com
--If you are applying to a program located on the WANIC Main Campus at LWTech (Auto Tech, Dental Careers, Medical Careers, Health Science Careers (Nursing), or Fire & EMS), you are NOT required to attend a Site Visit. Contact WANIC directly to learn about dates of *optional* Site Visits.
--ALL other programs DO NOT require Site Visits. Your school's college and career specialist can help if you need assistance determining site visits.
4. Your counselor may request to meet with you to review credits so that you can obtain your school’s approval to enroll at WANIC.
5. Once your enrollment has been confirmed by the host district of the course you will be attending, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have any questions, please see your high school's career specialist, or contact WANIC at firstname.lastname@example.org 425-739-8400.
- WANIC Course Catalog, Course Descriptions and other Important Information
- Brochure/Catalog/Course Guide (PDF)
- College Credits Sheet
- Course Equivalencies - All WANIC courses earn CTE credits; many offer course equivalency credits as well.
- Contacts at your high school Contact Information for College and Career Readiness Specialists, registrars and more.
- DigiPen Information Session Flier (PDF)
- Instructor Contact Information A site visit is required for some 3 HS credit Skill Center classes before the enrollment process is complete. Apply online and then contact the instructor to let him/her know you need to schedule a site visit.
- Times, Locations & Course Equivalency for Programs Course times and locations
- WANIC Application Agreement (PDF). By submitting a WANIC application the Student & Parent should understand the WANIC Application Agreement.