WANIC Summer Information
By submitting a WANIC Summer Semester application, the parent/guardian agrees the student will not be scheduled for any other classes, activities, competitions, holidays, work, vacations etc that will conflict with the WANIC 14 day 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM semester schedule.
WANIC Summer Semester 2024 information is not available at this time. Please check back early March 2024.
Sign up herE (online form) to receive an email when WANIC summer semester information is available on this page.
- Summer semester 2024 dates: TBD
- Class time 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Application window TENTATIVE Tuesday April 16, 2024 (9:00 AM) - Thursday April 25, 2024 (3:00 PM: applications must be SUBMITTED before this time). See Summer Timeline for additional information. There will be a button on this page called Apply for Summer 2024 visible and active only during the Application Window.
- Secondary application window begins TENTATIVE May 7 for programs that have openings or short waitlists; applications are first-come, first-served during this SECONDARY application window.
- Students must have their own lunch and transportation.
- Grade and credit earned will be sent to the student's home high school where they are required to be entered on the student's permanent high school transcript. This includes rising 9th graders.
- *See FAQs Page for additional information.
- Summer semester is exploratory and introductory.
- Attendance Policy – WANIC summer programs are fast-paced so students can earn a high school semester of credit in only thirteen days. There is insufficient time for a student to address missed course content if absent multiple days. The continued realities of COVID-related protocols do not allow a student who tests positive for COVID to feasibly complete the summer semester. If a student tests positive for COVID or is too sick for school for more than 24 hours, they will be issued a ‘hardship withdrawal’ and be dropped from the class. A hardship withdrawal (“W”) will not negatively affect their GPA. Visit https://www.lwsd.org/programs-and-services/health-services/too-sick-for-school for WANIC policies regarding students with symptoms.
There is no tuition due for Summer Semester. Financial assistance may be available for transportation and other costs for families who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch. Please download, complete the Barrier Reduction Application and verification process. Due to WANIC by June 20th.