WANIC Summer 2022 (for reference only)
- Summer 2022 semester dates: Tuesday June 28, 2022 to Friday July 15, 2022 Monday-Friday (No School Monday 7/4)
- Class time 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Application window Tuesday April 19, 2022 (9:00 AM) - Thursday April 28, 2022 (6:00 PM: applications must be SUBMITTED before this time). See Summer Timeline for additional information. There will be a button on this page called Apply for Summer 2022 visible and active only during the Application Window.
- Secondary application window begins May 9 for programs that have openings or short waitlists; applications are first-come, first-served.
- All students enrolled in DigiPen courses are required to provide proof of vaccination.
- Students must have their own lunch and transportation.
- Grade and credit earned will be sent to the student's home high school where they are required to be entered on the student's permanent high school transcript. This includes rising 9th graders.
- *See FAQs Page for additional information.
- Summer semester is exploratory and introductory.
· Attendance Policy – WANIC summer programs are fast-paced so students can earn a high school semester of credit in only thirteen days. There is insufficient time for a student to address missed course content if absent multiple days. The continued realities of COVID-related protocols do not allow a student who tests positive for COVID to feasibly complete the summer semester. If a student tests positive for COVID or has COVID-related symptoms lasting more than 24 hours, they will be issued a ‘hardship withdrawal’ and be dropped from their class. A hardship withdrawal will not negatively affect their GPA.
There is no tuition due for Summer Semester. Financial assistance may be available for transportation and other costs for families who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch. Please download, complete the Barrier Reduction Application and verification process. Due to WANIC by June 24th. If you qualify for assistance, you can sign up for a Youth ORCA Pass for Summer 2022 on their website.