WANIC Summer Semester 2019
Dates: July 1-19, 2019 Monday - Friday (no school July 4-5)
Hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Applications have closed for summer 2019.
- These Students are Eligible to Apply (Click for more info)
- Registration Process (Click for more info)
- Class Fee (Click for more info)
- Attendance Policy (Click for more info)
- Student High School Transcript Information (Click for more info)
- Open to students entering 9-12th grade and enrolled in the WANIC consortium: Bellevue, Everett, Issaquah, Lake Washington, Mercer Island, Northshore, Riverview, and Snoqualmie Valley School Districts.
- Home school and private school students must register with their local public high school.
- On the application, current 8th graders select Graduation Year 2023, current 9th graders select 2022, current 10th graders select 2021 and current 11th graders select 2020.
- No out-of-consortium students will be accepted for Summer Semester.
- Students may not apply for a Summer Semester class they have previously completed.
- Biosystems, Genetic Research & Ethics (formerly Dynamic DNA) is open only to rising 10th, 11th and 12th grade students.
- Submitting an application is not a guarantee of enrollment.
- WANIC will accept only one application per student. If you have a second program choice, please indicate it on the application.
- Program offerings are subject to change or cancellation.
- Site visits are not required for enrolling in Summer Semester.
- Free Tuition.
- All classes have a $50 supplies fee (assistance may be available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch).
- After you receive an email confirmation of enrollment (this is not the application confirmation email that you receive at the time you submit your application), pay the class fee online or mail a check payable to WANIC.
- Do not pay the class fee before you receive the enrollment confirmation.
- Fee must be paid by June 1 to hold your spot.
- No refunds after June 1.
- This one semester high school class is only 13 days long; do not register for Summer Semester if the student has other plans and will miss more than one day.
- 1 excused absence is permitted. After 1 absence the student may receive a low or failing grade which will be reflected on the student's official high school transcript.
- Absences may not be excused by the student and must be excused by the parent.
- Earn 0.5 CTE/Occupational Education HS credit except where noted otherwise in the class description.
- Grade and credit earned will be posted to the student's official high school transcript and will be calculated in to their high school GPA. This is Washington State policy for all high school classes attempted.
- College credits are not available for Summer Semester.
- April 12-21 - Apply Online for Summer Semester during the initial lottery period.
- April 22-30 - Receive email notification of Enrollment or Waitlist status
- May 25 - Deadline for Barrier Reduction Funds Application (for students with free/reduced lunch status - the application needs to be signed by your student's home high school before submitting to WANIC.)
- June 1 - Deadline to pay $50 class supply fee (for students enrolled before then)
- June 1 - Last day to request a refund
- June 14 - Last day to apply for summer semester.
- July 1-19 - Monday - Friday (no school 7/4-5) WANIC Summer Semester
- July 22 - Report Cards mailed to the Student's Primary address. Transcripts submitted to Student's sending high school.
The WANIC Summer $50 supply fee is now due for students who have received confirmation of enrollment. http://bit.ly/WANIC-Summer-Fee . For more than one student, please submit separate transactions to ensure each student account is credited properly. There is no transaction fee. When completing the online payment system, be sure to note which fields to enter the student name and which fields to enter the cardholder information to properly credit the student's account. Please note: Be sure to enter only the last two digits of your card's expiration year (you will get a message your card has been declined if you enter all four digits for the expiration year). Please save a copy of the receipt page for your records.
Financial Aid Students who qualify for free/reduced lunch are eligible to apply for Financial Aid through Washington State's Barrier Reduction Funds to cover this cost. Download the application here http://bit.ly/Barrier-Reduction-Summer . Contact WANIC with any questions about this process. Barrier Reduction Fund applications are due Friday May 24th
- Bothell High School 9130 NE 180th Street Bothell, WA 98011-3398. Northshore School District
- Cascade High School 801 E. Casino Rd., Everett, WA, 98203. Everett Public Schools
- Cedarcrest High School 29000 NE 150th St, Duvall, WA 98019. Riverview School District
- Issaquah High School 700 2nd Avenue SE Issaquah, WA 98027. Issaquah School District
- Redmond High School 17272 N.E. 104th ST., Redmond, WA 98052 Lake Washington School District
- WANIC @ Lake Washington Institute of Technology 11605 132nd Avenue NE, Kirkland, WA 98034-8506. Lake Washington School District
- Woodinville High School 19819 136th Avenue NE Woodinville , WA 98072. Northshore School District