Links to external resources that our students may find useful.
Please note: This list of individual agencies is provided as an information resource for your convenience. The Lake Washington School District does not recommend or endorse any of the individual agencies provided here. The district will not be held liable or responsible for any services provided by them. Lake Washington School District highly recommends that you conduct your own research and investigation. Use reasonable care before selecting any of these individuals/agencies for services.
- Workforce Development Council: Seattle-King County The WDC is a nonprofit workforce “think tank” and grant-making organization whose mission is to support a strong economy and the ability of each person to achieve self-sufficiency. We work throughout the community, bringing employers, jobseekers, youth, educators, labor groups and other nonprofits together to find—and fund—solutions to workforce gaps.
- Workforce Development Youth Employment
- Self Sufficiency Calculator for Washington State The Self Sufficiency Standard measures how much income is needed for a family of a given composition - ranging from a one person household to a large family - in a given place, to adequately meet its basic needs without any public or private assistance.
- Affordable Colleges Online
- Financial Aid & Scholarships: AC Online is committed to providing current and prospective students with the necessary information and resources to succeed in college and after graduation. We've talked to numerous experts and done extensive research to help students make well-informed decisions about higher education and college life, from academic support to health and safety. Check out the guides below for expert-driven information and tips.
- Big Future
- Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion. The College Board is a not-for-profit membership association whose mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. The College Board is committed to the principles of excellence and equity, and that commitment is embodied in all its programs, services, activities and concerns.
- College Answer
- This the Web’s premiere destination for getting a head start on preparing for the world of continuing education. You’ll find points on the entire “Going-to-College” process from preparation to getting loans. College Answer also has interactive tools that enable you to analyze the affordability of schools, compare financial aid award letters, and search for scholarships. Register with College Answer to use the FREE scholarship search and receive these great benefits; Access to an award database with more than 3 million scholarships, entry to the monthly $1,000 scholarship drawing and timely tips for planning and paying for college.
- This site is 100% supported by advertisers and scholarship sponsors. CollegeNET respects your data privacy and does not sell your personal data. Search for scholarships by keyword or profile matching.
- College Savings Plan Network
- Find out how the College Savings Plans Network (CSPN) works to improve 529 plans at the federal and state level and serves as a clearinghouse for information among existing programs.
- College Scholarships for Black Students
Undergraduate and Graduate Financial Aid, Resources & Support: African American students who are concerned about how to pay for their college education will need to know how to find scholarship opportunities to assist them. This guide includes information on specific scholarships, places where students can find grants and how to apply for federal and state financial aid.
- As a scholarship matching service, Fastweb matches users to scholarships based on their qualifications, meaning students have a better chance of winning. The best part? The scholarship database contains 1.3 million scholarships worth over $3 billion. So the odds are in your favor!
- The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS)
- The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program selects 1,000 talented students each year to receive a good-through-graduation scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice. They provide Gates Millennium Scholars with personal and professional development through their leadership programs along with academic support throughout their college career.
- Scholarship Help
- As a leading scholarship search service and financial aid information resource, Scholarships.com plays a primary role in helping students make the decisions that shape their lives. On Scholarships.com, students are connected with tools to aid in researching and finding financial aid for college, as well as choosing a campus that’s right for them. The regularly updated proprietary database allows students to search 2.7 million college scholarships and grants worth over $19 billion and quickly arrive at a list of wards for which they qualify. And it’s all free.
- Student Scholarships
- Scholarship Database for Students
- The WashBoard
- Connects Washington students of all types with Washington scholarship providers… for FREE. The partnership of public and nonprofit agencies come together to build an online scholarship marketplace and provide a trusted sources of scholarships. The Washington Scholarship Coalition exists to create connections and ensure scholarship funds are reaching those in need.
- Seniors' Pre-College Calendar & Checklist Checklist for preparing for college selection
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a College Considering Costs, Social Life, Admission Requirements, College Visitations, College Characteristics, Academics, and Financial Aid
- College Comparison Worksheet Resource from National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- National College Fairs and Financial Aid Resource from National Association for College Admission Counseling
- Scholarship Opportunities Washington Student Achievement Council: Financial Aid