School choirs, bands, and orchestras will be performing throughout the holiday season.
Composites Engineering & Manufacturing
Do you want to design and build fun projects like snowboards, skateboards, guitars, sporting equipment, and / or aerospace, auto, and marine fabrications? Composite manufacturing and materials engineering has evolved into a diverse industry with applications in these areas, as well as in construction, alternative energy, consumer products, medicine, and much more!
The manufacturing of composite structures is a unique process that requires the understanding of the relationship between materials and their affects on the finished product
Facts about the composites engineering industry:
- The composites industry is sustainable with over 30,000 known applications
- The Washington State Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board rated Aerospace and Composites Manufacturing as one of the top career cluster / pathways in Snohomish and King Counties
- You can earn industry certification through Washington Aerospace Training & Research Center
Career fields that use this education:
- Aerospace engineering
- Electronic, optical, and magnetic materials
- Materials, chemistry, modeling, and physics
- Metals and alloys
- Molecular engineering
- Polymer sciences / engineering
Step 1: NSD Composite Engineering and Manufacturing students will have the opportunity to receive a Washington Aerospace Training and Research (WATR) Center Aerospace Manufacturing Core Certificate AND will also earn 8 Engineering Technology Tech Prep credits from Edmonds Community College. This is a $2400 value that is no cost to the students enrolled in the NSD program.
Step 2: NSD Composites Program graduates with the WATR Center Core Certificate can pursue specific job skills training in an 8-week (4w online/4w in lab) specialization program at WATR Center Paine Field or Renton campuses. Total cost to students is $2400. Students will also receive resume, interviewing and job placement assistance and will be career ready upon completion.