WANIC Summer Skills Academy Details
Summer 2018 dates and hours are not available at this time.
- Open to students entering 9-12th grade in Bellevue, Everett, Issaquah, Lake Washington, Northshore, Riverview, and Snoqualmie Valley School Districts. For reporting and funding purposes, student must be registered with a public high school; home school and private school students please register with your local public high school.
- We cannot enroll students who are not registered in the Bellevue, Everett, Issaquah, Lake Washington, Northshore, Riverview and Snoqualmie Valley School Districts (no out-of-consortium students accepted for Summer Skills Academy).
- Take note of the class location listed in the description. Some programs are offered at multiple locations. Classes for summer 2017 will be taught at Bellevue HS, Bothell HS, Cedarcrest HS, Redmond HS, Tolt Middle School and WANIC located at Lake Washington Institute of Technology. School addresses can be found on the right sidebar of this page.
- Apply online. Applications open to all students who will be 9th through 12th grade, however students who will be in 12th grade 2017-18 have priority registration for the first week. Thereafter remaining spaces will be filled based on grade level priority and application submission date. Submitting an application is not a guarantee of enrollment.
- Students may not apply for a Summer Skills class they have previously completed.
- Because this one semester class is only 13 days long, do not register for Summer Skills Academy if your student has other plans and will miss more than one day.
- 1 excused absence is permitted. After 1 absence the student may lose credit and receive a failing grade which will be reflected on the student's high school transcript. Absences may not be excused by the student and must be excused by the parent.
- Submit only one application. If you have a second or third choice, please indicate your choices on the application.
- Your application requires you to select one of our participating (public) high schools. If you are a rising ninth grader, please use the name of the school your middle school/junior high feeds to and note the name of your current school in the comments.
- Current 8th graders are class of 2021, current 9th graders are class of 2020, current 10th graders are class of 2019 and current 11th graders are class of 2018.
- Students provide their own transportation and lunch.
- Class is 8:00 am - 3:00 pm - class time is 6.5 hours with 30 minutes for lunch each day.
- Earn 0.5 Occupational Education HS Credit (except where noted otherwise in the description.)
- Grade and credit earned will be posted to the student's official high school transcript.
- Program offerings subject to change or cancellation due to enrollment.
- Site visits are not required for enrolling in Summer Skills Academy.
- Tech Prep college credits are not available for Summer Skills Academy.
- Free Tuition. $50 materials/class fee (assistance may be available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch).
- After you receive an email confirmation of enrollment (this is not the application confirmation email that you receive at the time you submit your application), pay the class fee online or mail a check (payable to WANIC). Fee must be paid by June 1, 2017 to hold your spot. Please do not mail a check before your enrollment is confirmed.
- Bellevue High School 10416 SE Wolverine Way Bellevue, WA 98004. Bellevue School District
- Bothell High School 9130 NE 180th Street Bothell, WA 98011-3398. Northshore School District
- Cascade High School 801 E. Casino Rd., Everett, WA, 98203. Everett Public Schools
- Cedarcrest High School 29000 NE 150th St, Duvall, WA 98019. Riverview School District
- Redmond High School 17272 NE 104th St Redmond WA 98052. Lake Washington School District
- Tolt Middle School 3740 Tolt Ave, Carnation, WA 98014. Riverview School District
- WANIC @ Lake Washington Institute of Technology 11605 132nd Avenue NE, Kirkland, WA 98034-8506. Lake Washington School District.